Marc A. Sherman
Qualified and licensed to practice before the Courts of New York and Connecticut, 2007 and New Jersey, 2018. Admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2008.
- Haifa University, Israel, Overseas Program in International Economics
- Ohio University, B.S.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
Mr. Sherman represents property owners, developers and contractors in personal injury actions brought under New York’s Labor Law. He is experienced in defending clients in property damage, construction defect and general liability claims, and he has defended architects and engineers in professional liability actions. In these and other matters, Mr. Sherman advises clients and insurance companies with regard to insurance coverage and indemnity issues. Before entering the private sector, Mr. Sherman was a prosecutor in the Bronx District Attorney’s Appellate Bureau, where he briefed and argued scores of appeals, motions and petitions in the New York appellate courts. These include a landmark case in the Court of Appeals, which resulted in a statewide modification of sentencing procedures for drug offenders, and numerous habeas corpus matters in the federal district court and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Memberships and Professional Associations
- Listed in Super Lawyers Directory of Top Rated Attorneys in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Public Arbitrator, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Pro Bono Arbitrator, New York County Lawyers’ Association Attorney-Client Fee Dispute Resolution Program
- Licensed court-appointed referee, guardian and court evaluator for incapacitated persons.
- Author: Webmail at Work, 23 Touro L. Rev. 647 (Fall 2007); available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=978075
- Inventor, Virtual Private Radio- US Patent No. 7,571, 112, issued 2009