John V. Fabiani, Jr.
Qualified and licensed to practice before the Courts of New York, 1977. Admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 1977 and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 1977.
- Bucknell University, A.B.
- New York Law School, J.D.; Law Review Editorial Board
As one of the firm’s founding partners, Mr. Fabiani devotes the majority of his efforts to the areas of construction litigation, insurance and reinsurance coverage disputes, premises liability, asbestos litigation, professional liability, matters of significant exposure and equine litigation. He is actively engaged in trials and appeals in the defense of property owners, contractors, design professionals, insurance brokers and other professionals. He also represents primary and excess insurers in coverage disputes and claim evaluation. Mr. Fabiani also conducts insurance and reinsurance arbitrations and litigations.
Memberships and Professional Associations
- Defense Lawyer of the Year, Institute of Jewish Humanities, December 2009
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates, President, New York City Chapter, 2003, Vice-President, 2002, Secretary, 2001
- Member, Board of Governors, Jewish Lawyers Guild, President, 1999-2001, Chairman of the Board, 2001-2003
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York; Defense Research Institute; Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Board Member, New York City Trial Lawyers Association, 2003-present
- Presenter, New York State Bar Association Construction Accident Litigation Program, 2006-present
- Presenter, New York State Trial Lawyers Association Continuing Legal Education Programs, 2000-present (multiple presentations on a variety of topics related to the defense of personal injury actions)
- Lecturer, New York Board of Judges, Fall Seminar, 2001
- Topics Editor, New York Law Forum, 1975-1976
- Published in the Insurance Law Journal, August, 1979